March is Massachusetts Maple Syrup Month and here are the sugary destinations to buy the best stuff.Maple Producers ceremonial tapping, a traditional event to recognize the first sign of the state’s agricultural awakening, will be held at Mill Brook Sugarhouse in Lenox on March 9 at 1:00 pm.The public is welcome to attend. The event will be hosted by Bill and Elaine Markham, and their daughter and son-in law Jessie Ellen and Chris Porter, who own Mill Brook Sugar House.
March is Maple Month for pancakes and fresh maple syrup! Find sugarhouse restaurants open for the season www.massmaple.org/sugarhouse. This year’s Maple Weekend is the weekend of March 17-18!
Up to 50 sugarhouses around the state will be open for tours and demonstrations. See a directory www.massmaple.org.
more SUMMER events in MA coming up:
- March 3 – New England Cheese Day at the Wayland Winter Farmers Market
- March 5 – Boylston – Screening of Forgotten Farms
- March 14 – 18 – Boston Flower & Garden Show
- March 16 & 17 – Massachusetts Urban Farming Conference
- March 17-18 is Maple Weekend! Sugarhouses around the state will be open for tours and demonstrations. A directory of participating sugarhouses is here.
- March 22 – Verrill Farm 100th Birthday Party
- March 27 – Agriculture Day at the Statehouse
More Mass grown events:
View Culinary & Agricultural Events.
For breaking news, view https://www.twitter.com/BlackBoston